This page contains resources that help you use Bazel with Android projects. It links to a tutorial, build rules, and other information specific to building Android projects with Bazel.
The following resources will help you work with Bazel on Android projects:
- Tutorial: Building an Android app. This tutorial is a good place to start learning about Bazel commands and concepts, and how to build Android apps with Bazel.
- Codelab: Building Android Apps with Bazel. This codelab explains how to build Android apps with Bazel.
Bazel has Android rules for building and testing Android apps, integrating with the SDK/NDK, and creating emulator images. There are also Bazel plugins for Android Studio and IntelliJ.
- Android rules. The Build Encyclopedia describes the rules for building and testing Android apps with Bazel.
- Integration with Android Studio. Bazel is compatible with Android Studio using the Android Studio with Bazel plugin.
mobile-installfor Android. Bazel's
mobile-installfeature provides automated build-and-deploy functionality for building and testing Android apps directly on Android devices and emulators.
- Android instrumentation testing on emulators and devices.
- Android NDK integration. Bazel supports compiling to native code through direct NDK integration and the C++ rules.
- Android build performance. This page provides information on optimizing build performance for Android apps.
- Integrating with dependencies from Google Maven and Maven Central with rules_jvm_external.
- Learn How Android Builds Work in Bazel.